Monday, June 25, 2018

FIRST POST


This first post announces my intention to do everything I can to assure the election of Harley Rouda this November, along with the rest of the Democratic ticket.

If this seems like a fast turnaround from "Rooting for Dr. Hans," be assured that I am heartily thankful that we have a Democrat to vote for this November, and are not faced with an imponderable choice between two Republicans.

I know very little about my new candidate, and pledge that I will to what I need to do to learn more. For the moment, suffice it to say that I beg every one of those who joined me in supporting Dr. Hans Keirstead will now join me in supporting his erstwhile rival. We cannot afford to lose one single vote to regrets or pique.

Today I will be making my first financial contribution to the Harley Rouda campaign. It will not be my last. I urge others to join me. Defeating the current unspeakable incumbent will unfortunately require more than our votes on polling day. Given the current (deplorable, to my mind!) electoral system, it will require a ton of money. Let's make sure we make that happen.

It will also require loud voices. I hope to make mine as loud as possible, both in asserting the positive values of the Democratic Party and in condemning the Republican of those same values.

No comments:

Post a Comment