Monday, September 24, 2018

RISE UP!

Last week I posted a couple of entries in solidarity with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. I hope you read them. I now catch wind of the fact that other women assaulted by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh are stepping forward. Will their voices be heard? In their rush to confirm a nomination by a "president" who is himself an admitted predator on women, I suspect that those white male Republicans will try to find some way of blocking them--without, they hope, losing the support of women nationwide.

I, in my turn, hope they will not succeed. I hope that women everywhere will rise up, appalled by the spectacle of the last bastion of male domination defending itself against the steady march of time. The #MeToo movement is a powerful one because its multitude of voices is passionate and true. Those in denial of the truth they tell will suffer its consequences, and it's my hope that November will prove the turning point.

Dana Rohrabacher is NOT on the side of the angels, in this or any other matter. I believe that sufficient numbers of enlightened women in his district will join those (well, semi-!) enlightened men who support them in their effort, and properly send this one Republican packing in November, with his tail between his legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment