Sunday, November 11, 2018

ROUDA WINS!

I grew neglectful of this blog for the few days prior to the elections, having noticed a significant drop-off in readership. People were likely engaged in more important activities than reading a blog! And until yesterday, given the delay in finalizing the vote count, I was reluctant to post, uncertain what the final outcome might be.

Now's the time for congratulations to Harley for a campaign well run, for a tone of seriousness and courtesy, and for having prevailed over what seemed to be initially long odds. What a great achievement! I am thrilled to have been a small part of making this significant change both in Orange County and in the national political arena.

I also know this could not have happened without the army of Harley's ardent supporters, all of whom worked so hard to come to this result. Spending the greater part of my time away from my voting area, I was not the presence I would have otherwise wanted to be--and am therefore doubly grateful to those of you who were. Thanks to everyone for this great effort!

I'm now debating whether to continue with this blog or let it go. As some know, I devoted a good number of months to writing daily letters to our soon-to-be-departed "representative," Dana Rohrabacher--over 250 individual, hand-signed letters to which I never received a single response. They were posted on my previous blog, "The Rohrabacher Letters." So I'm wondering now if I should I now write letters to Harley, expressing my concerns and offering encouragement and support.

Meantime, though, congratulations and gratitude all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment