Tuesday, September 25, 2018

ON ANOTHER NOTE...

Does anyone else find it odd that the man who is supposed to be representing us in the US Congress seems to have settled on a burning issue as his new pet project...? Airport noise!

Well, I agree that noise pollution is pernicious. I'm no big fan of the sound of jets taking off and landing. But what disturbs me far more than their noise, quite frankly, is their contribution to the much more serious air pollution that threatens the very future of our planet.

To be obsessed with the comfort of the (mostly) affluent folk who live in the (mostly) affluent flight path of those jetliners that carry them off on business trips (hopefully profitable: I wish them well) or nice vacations is all very well... but at the same time to deny the effects of climate change on the planet and our entire species is, in my view, to have some very misplaced priorities.

Perhaps you disagree with me. If you live near the airport, you have my sympathies. But still, we surely need a congressman who listens to what science has to say and believes it. And is willing to take action based on scientific fact.

In other words... vote for Harley Rouda in November. And persuade others to vote for him, too. Particularly Republicans. And Independents. Vote Democratic. That's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment