Friday, September 28, 2018

MY ANGER. HOW ABOUT YOURS?

My anger knows no bounds. I watched yesterday as cowardly, bullying Republican senators hid behind the skirts of a special "prosecutor"--a woman brought in to do their dirty work, whose questions entirely failed to budge Dr. Ford from her compelling testimony. Once spared the dignified spectacle of their victim, they began to vent their spleen against her and heap praise on her attacker.

Yes, I'm quite clear in my own mind that he was her attacker. The difference between the two could not have been more stark. A modest, calm (though "terrified") and clear minded woman answering every question put to her with consideration and care, and a raging, belligerent bully who answered not one single question of importance and showed appalling disrespect for the senators who asked perfectly reasonable questions--especially, I have to note, the women.

It seems, from this morning's reports, that craven Republicans are lining up with their "yes" vote for a man who lied blatantly in front of them. If he is confirmed, the Supreme Court of the United States will be disgraced for decades by his presence.

In addition to my anger, I feel genuine frustration at my own impotence to prevent this shameless, public atrocity. I can only hope that November will prove the occasion when Americans come together to reject this corrupt, unseemly administration and the party that supports it.

It also came to my attention yesterday that the man who is supposed to "represent" me in the US Congress, Dana Rohrabacher, is an enthusiastic supporter not only of Trump but of Trump's undeserving nominee. We must depose him, run him out of office, and elect a man who can show some common human decency, Harley Rouda, to the US Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment