Thursday, September 27, 2018

KAVANAUGH

I watched a good deal of yesterday's hearings. In the morning I saw a modest, thoughtful, truthful woman answering questions to the best of her ability. Her story was compelling and convincing. In the afternoon I saw and aggressive, bullying, bellicose man--in fact, a posse of aggressive, bullying, bellicose men--but I watched the one who was the center of attention as he dodged and ducked, never answering a single question with a straight and honest answer.

At the end of it all, the Republicans seemed to be celebrating what they thought to be a victory. I hope they will not have one. I hope there will be enough fair-minded Americans--men as well as women--who were as appalled as I was by this travesty and who will make their displeasure loudly known. I hope they will put the fear of G*d in enough Republican senators to provide the votes needed to defeat this outlandish nomination.

Kavanaugh revealed his true colors at the hearings, showing himself for the belligerent man who is entirely capable of the act he stands accused of.

Please join me in registering your protest.

No comments:

Post a Comment