Friday, October 19, 2018

REPUDIATION/EMBRACE

I repudiate Republicanism and everything it has come to stand for. I am sad to admit that there is no longer ANY Republican I can regard with respect. "Our" Republican, Dana Rohrabacher, is no exception.

I celebrate and embrace what our country used to stand for: reason, sanity, fairness, equal opportunity and justice for all.

Remember those days? They were still our shared values when I came to this country as a green card immigrant in 1962. They were still our shared values when I became a citizen in 1972.

I trust that these are still the values represented by political Democrats and the Democratic party. In this current election cycle I wish to see Democrats proudly proclaim them. Loudly. And forcefully.

Which is why I will be voting for Harley Rouda and a Democratic ticket when I send in my vote by mail. Republicans should join me if, like me, they repudiate everything that Republicanism has come to stand for.

Vote values. Vote reason, sanity, fairness, equal opportunity and justice for all.

Say I, an immigrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment