Tuesday, September 4, 2018

AFTER LABOR DAY

I may have mentioned this before, but I note from my stats that I have a growing number of readers for this blog, so I'll mention it again: I live only part-time in OC48, which makes it hard for me to get involved in hands-on, street-level, personal action. Both my wife and I are registered to vote in this district, however. In Los Angeles, where we live for the other part of the time, our home is in a safely Democratic district--one represented by the redoubtable Adam Schiff.

So having decided a few years ago that our Los Angeles district was in good hands, we changed our voter registration to our Orange Country residence, where we felt our voices would count for more. This November, in particular, we are glad to have made that choice. We will be more than happy to cast our votes FOR Harley Rouda and AGAINST Dana Rohrabacher.

Meantime, other than the financial contributions I can afford--or, nearly, not!--this blog will have to stand in for my activism. I commit to entering regular posts up until the time of the election--and, I sincerely hope, beyond, when Harley will be serving the interests of this district in the House of Representatives. Along with you, I will still be "rooting for him" then.

So... if readers can see any way in which the blog can be more effective, I'd be happy if you'd let me know. If you have information that needs to find its way to even a small number of constituents, I'd be glad to hear about it and spread the word. If anyone would like to join me by submitting an entry--with or without attribution--I'm willing to share the cyberspace of "Rooting for Rouda" with those who are rooting for our candidate along with myself. While I describe the blog as "one voter's reflections," there's always room for others... You can reach me easily via the email address listed in "My Profile."

Starting on the first day after Labor Day, we need to redouble our efforts to make a change in Washington. Our best contribution will be a Democratic congressman who will, we sincerely hope, join the ranks of other new Democratic congressional representatives to form a badly-needed majority in the House. Without that majority, the current occupant of the White House--who can bear to even speak the man's name?--will have free rein to continue along his path of destruction, and at a still faster clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment