Friday, August 10, 2018

WORKING FOR US???

I don't know about you, but I had word from our presumptive "representative" in Congress, Dana Rohrabacher: one glossy flyer in the US mail and a digital version in yesterday's email.

He claims to be working for us. I beg to differ.

I have a  number of reactions, and I'll be posting more. But first I note with interest that what's missing from the digital version is a whole section titled "Constituent Services," in which the good congressman touts everything he does to serve his constituents. One thing he doesn't do is respond to their communications--or probably even read them.

I know this personally because, starting with the day after the Trump inauguration, I began to write an individual letter to him every day. I wrote for months--a total of over 250 letters in all, hand-signed and mailed hard-copy to his office. Not one of them was copied and pasted from other sources, they were all thoughtfully (even respectfully!) written. Yet I received not one single response. Well, I correct myself, in the early days I did receive three or four boilerplate position papers via email. But you'd think as a matter of courtesy alone he might have written at least a postcard!

In short, I do not feel "served" by Rohrabacher. If he cannot listen, let alone respond to a dissenting voice he is not serving his constituency, he is merely serving those voices that approve his right wing positions.

It's time to elect a man (yes! that's our choice! I'd love to elect a woman!) with a mind that can listen, think, and respond.

Please join me in doing everything possible to ensure the election of Democrat Harley Rouda.


No comments:

Post a Comment