Tuesday, July 31, 2018

RENEWING MY PLEDGE

Ellie and I have been away from our Laguna Beach home for the past month. We took a National Geographic cruise in Alaska's Inland Passage and were reminded what a truly gorgeous country we all live in, and of the grandeur--but also the fragility--of our natural environment. We were encouraged by the good people we were with, both staff and passengers, that there is a passionate commitment amongst many of us to play our part in the conservation of our own environment and the protection of this (relatively!) tiny planet Earth.

We will be back in Laguna Beach as from tomorrow--incidentally, my birthday!--and I pledge to return to this political blog, and to do everything in my power to assure the election of Harley Rouda as our next congressional representative. America can no longer tolerate the extreme right-wing policies that have been thrust upon us by Republicans, who seem to have no thought for anything but personal enrichment and protection from an imagined invasion by those less fortunate than themselves.

We can, and must do better. I hope that my voice will serve to make a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment