Thursday, May 3, 2018

DEAR FRIENDS


This letter went out to some 50 of my friends yesterday...

May 2, 2018

Dear Friends,

My English upbringing protests that I should not be doing this, but I am frankly so alarmed, even frightened, by the current state of affairs in our country and on this planet, that I feel compelled to follow my instinct and write.

I’m asking you to join me in giving your consideration to the candidacy of Dr. Hans Keirstead for the congressional seat in California’s 48th District. Whether Republican or Democrat, I believe that all of you will share my alarm that truth, facts, and science have fallen victim to our calamitous bipartisan divide. If we fail to address this issue and its consequences, our world is in for a terrible awakening.

Dr. Keirstead is an internationally-respected researcher and scientist. His life has been devoted to the pursuit of verifiable truth through the careful accumulation and observation of fact. We need a mind like his in the halls of power. Having worked extensively with Senators, Congressional representatives and health officials in Washington, he has an existing platform from which work. He is passionate about a functional health care system for all Americans and about the protection of the planet. He explicitly rejects the influence of corporate interests and their financial contributions to political campaigns. His positions on issues I personally care about are moderate, but passionately pursued; and he articulates them with conviction.

You can find out more about Dr. Keirstead at his website. I leave that to you. But I do ask you, my friends, to give him your consideration; and, if you agree with me, your support and your vote. I have tried to select CA 48 voters from my mailing lists, but even if you are not a voter in his district, please consider a financial contribution to his campaign.

Time is short. Early voting begins May 8, and I’m told that 75% of votes are cast in the earliest days. If you feel so moved, please join me in acting right away.

This letter is written entirely on my own initiative. I am obliged to no one and nothing save my own conscience. Thank you for joining me in my concern, and my best wishes to all,


Peter Clothier


No comments:

Post a Comment